Professional Installation from the St. Louis Area Concrete Floor Coating Contractors You Can Trust
All Star Concrete Coating Solutions by Patriot is an authorized dealer of Penntek™ Industrial Coating’s polyurea chip system, a revolutionary concrete coating system that makes concrete slabs durable, gorgeous, and stain resistant, among other incredible attributes. However, a product is only as good as the people who install it. Thus, all of our installers are factory trained by Penntek, so they’re thoroughly knowledgeable on the precise methods needed to ensure the coating is perfectly installed.
What You Can Expect During Installation
Our professional installation method is as follows:
- To begin, our installers will complete a pick test that starts with a plastic tip and ends with a diamond tip. A rating of one to nine will be given, indicating how soft or hard the concrete is. This enables us to determine what types of diamonds to use on the grinder later on in the process.
- We will use a moisture reader to learn how much moisture is in the concrete. In order to complete the installation, there must be a very low amount of present moisture and there must be dry weather.
- If/when the concrete is dry enough, preparation work will start. Unlike when applying epoxy or standard paint, absolutely no chemicals are used when our concrete floor coating contractors install our chip system, so you won’t have to worry about potentially harmful runoff damaging your yard or home.
- Using the information gleaned during the pick test, a 30-inch planetary diamond grinder is used to smooth the slab. This machine is powered by propane brought onsite by our company as opposed to running off your home’s electricity. Approximately 95 percent of the dust generated by grinding the slab is encapsulated in the grinder’s shroud and sucked up through a vacuum, leaving the workspace clean and tidy.
- After the concrete has been smoothed out, any cracks or holes that are exposed are filled with the Penntek mender system. Once the mender has cured, we will hand grind over it to smooth out the slab once more for final prep before coating application begins.
- A self-priming polyurea base coat is the first portion applied to the slab, following by ¼ inch vinyl chips that are broadcast by hand to add a beautiful texture to the floor. This sets for one hour.
- After the chips have settled, we will scrape them – first north to south, then east to west – to make sure they are set.
- Finally, the UV-stable, antimicrobial, 100-percent solid clear top coat is applied to finish off the polyurea chip system.
Perhaps most importantly, this is all done in a single day. In fact, you’ll be able to walk on the area a few hours after installation is complete, something you can’t do when using standard paint or other types of concrete floor coatings, such as epoxy.
For more information on why we are the concrete floor coating contractors to turn to for a durable and proven concrete coating solution in the St. Louis area, contact All Star Concrete Coating Solutions by Patriot today. When you call, be sure to ask about the financing options that may be available to you, as well as the exceptional warranty we offer on all concrete floor coatings.